Thursday, May 28, 2015

Fetch Google Fetch! on being a rank stranger on Google

Having built a new website www.bethsurdut.com with the same name as the old one, turns out that keeping the name did not keep my Google rank as far as my products are concerned. Type in my unusual name and voila! about 3,510 results including this new interview in the June 2015 issue of Arizona Jewish Life http://azjewishlife.com/qa-with-beth-surdut-bringing-art-home/
However, if someone who doesn't know my work (how can that be?!) is searching for a custom tallis, raven art, nature paintings, botanicals, mermaids, jungle art, wearable art for men and women, or the variety of media from murals to radio that I work in -- my pages do not show up. It is not unusual for clients to find my work before they know my name, and this is my livelihood, so while the google robots are out looking for me,  any links and shares to www.bethsurdut.com from colleagues sites would be appreciated.


And for those of you unfamiliar with the Rank Stranger that existed long before Google, here's a  gorgeous version

No comments: